Friday, March 10, 2006

Become A Freelance Writer And Get Out Of Debt Like I Did

The day I made a decision to become a freelance writer on the web, I was heavily in debt and had no idea how the bills were going to be paid.

Although I had a lot of previous experience as an offline publisher, I had no idea of how to get things done online or how somebody could become a freelance writer on the web. However I was eager and determined to learn.

Actually the main reason why I took the decision to become an online freelance writer was because I virtually had nothing else except free access to the World Wide Web and plenty of time in my hands. I was heavily in debt and had lost everything of value in my life, except my precious family.

I started my bid to become an online freelance writer by trying to advertise my writing services. Nothing happened. It seemed that nobody was interested in my services no matter how low my price was.

Then I got the idea that maybe the right way to become an online freelance writer was by searching for existing writing opportunities. So off I went to the Google search engine and began my search. Within a short time I was really excited. There were some opportunities that I saw that looked like the sort of thing that would pull me out of debt overnight. Somebody needed a sort of manual written and was willing to pay $9,000 for it. I carefully crafted the most impressive email I had ever written and quickly send it off.

A few days later bitter disappointment returned when I realized that I was in a competitive situation with hundreds of other more experienced writers in those kinds of specialized lucrative assignments.

Up to that point, I did not realize it yet but I had already done the most important thing that is critical to the success of anybody who wants to become a freelance writer online.

I have realized that many folks fail miserably in their efforts to become online freelance writers because they never do this simple but very important thing.

I had taken action to aggressively look for online writing work, any online writing work that I could find. Laugh if you want, but the vast majority of would-be online writers never really get to this point. That point where you are eager to get your feet wet, even if it is for the most miserable pay.

That is in fact how I eventually got my big break. There is absolutely no way that I would have gotten my break without taking this simple step and without the sort of attitude I had then. That is the next exciting part of this story on how to become a prosperous freelance writer and get out of debt like I did.

In desperation I tried out the lowest-paying freelance assignment I had already seen several times and dismissed. They were paying $2.50 for 500-word articles!! I figured that I had nothing to lose since I was idle anyway.

The response was swift. They requested that I open a Paypal account, which I did and then directed me to a site where I downloaded some software, to use for writing their keyowrd-rich articles. I started off doing one sample article. If accepted I was to get paid for it and I would then officially be registered to churn out dozens of $2.50 articles.

I will never forget that first email notification informing me of my first $2.50cts payment. I saw it for what it was. I had made my first break in my bid to become an online freelance writer.

For the next couple of months, this first freelance job kept me busy. It was very hard work but I learned a lot, mostly how to write good keyword-rich articles, quickly. It was amazing how the dollars added up. 15 articles a day earned me $37.50 daily and over $1,000 by the end of the month. Not the kind of money to get me out of debt, but I had tasted blood. That was the beginning. Sadly that client shut down suddenly some months later. By that time I was involved in work for various other clients, but the $2.50 was my bread and butter that I had come to heavily rely on.

Still by that time I had also gained considerable experience and within a very short space of time, I no longer missed my $2.50 client. Thank you so much whereever you are today, you made a huge difference in my efforts to become a freelance writer online.
==============
Get your hands on some more valuable information on how to become a freelance online writer at this amazing online writer's blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love your blog! It certainly looks like you spent a log of time and effort on it! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a best home business site. It pretty much covers best home business related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

9:05 AM  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Hi chris, I really like what you have done with your blog! Very interesting content you have with Become A Freelance Writer And Get Out Of Debt Like I Did. Good, quality information can be hard to find, but I am always looking for it, and ways to improve my site make money at home. Great job here.

3:01 AM  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Wow, chris, I just ran across your blog while surfing for blogs related to mine make money from home. I really found your post Become A Freelance Writer And Get Out Of Debt Like I Did quite absorbing and look forward to more.

2:56 AM  
Blogger Rita Earle said...

Hi chris, I really like what you have done with your blog! Very interesting content you have with Become A Freelance Writer And Get Out Of Debt Like I Did. Good, quality information can be hard to find, but I am always looking for it, and ways to improve my site make money at home. Great job here.

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home